About Emergency Services
What We Do
The District’s Department of Emergency Services is committed to the protection of life and property during the event of a major disaster on or around our three SBCC campuses (Main, Wake and Schott). In the event of a major disaster the District will activate the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) for the coordination, communication and the integration of local state and federal assets necessary to save lives, protect property and public health following an emergency. In less urgent situations, the District will communicate information to the campus community and respond to situation specific needs.
- Campus Wide Email
- SBCC.edu Website announcement including updating the SBCC campus status page
- AlertU Text message notification (cell phone)
- Twitter status update @SantaBarbaraCC
- Speaker announcements (hardware in most buildings or hallways)
- Computer alerts (Network computers)
- Phone speakers (Network phones)
- Safety Marshal or Security evacuation (In person and/or buddy system evacuation procedure)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your building information on emergency preparedness and evacuation.
Campus Security is the primary responder to most emergencies on campus. The majority of the emergencies that take place on campus are medical which security coordinates with Fire & Ambulance. Santa Barbara Police will respond to all violent incidents including an active shooter on campus. If 911 is called regarding a medical, dangerous or violent emergency it is important to call Campus Security Emergency, X2400 from a campus phone or (805) 730-4200. Campus Security will help direct emergency responders to the location of the incident. We encourage everyone to contact Campus Security if you witness any suspicious activity or have any safety concerns while on campus.
Back to to