Steps to Apply
Admission Requirements & Deadlines
- Applicants must be 18 years old by the program start date.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.00 GPA.
- TOEFL not required. Check out the many ways to verify English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Program.
- Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance rate or higher.
Fall semester: June 15 for new students
July 1 for transfer/current F-1 students in the U.S.
Spring semester: November 1 for new students
November 15 for transfer/current F-1 students in the U.S.
Summer Session II: May 1 for all applicants
Application Steps & Instructions
1. Complete this online application.
- Register your application account at the link above.
- Remember your password!
- Submit one application for the first term you wish to attend.
2. Pay the $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee. You will receive an emailed receipt.
3. Upload copies of the required documents listed in your online application account. This will include, but is not limited to the following documents:
- $50 application fee receipt
- Financial Statement Form (Refer to Cost of Studies for outline of fees)
- Official Bank Letter - Requirements:
- meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
- must be written in or translated into English
- issued within the past 6 months or less
- include the name of the account holder and account balance
- liquid funds (savings and/or checking)
- have an official signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
- High School/College Transcripts - Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (a.k.a. secondary school),
English language programs, and university or college. All collegiate coursework must
be reported on the SBCC application. Transcripts should be translated into English
by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts may be required later for athletic eligibility, pre-requisite challenges, math equivalency verification, or transfer credits towards your SBCC degree.
- Emergency Contact & Student Responsibilities Form
Current F-1 Students in the U.S.
If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S., complete the steps above, and upload the following additional documents to your online application account:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94".
- Copy of I-20
- Verification of Status Form - Student must be "in status". Transfers from English language training schools must have an attendance record of at least 80% at their current school.