Transfer Requirements

What Do I Need to Transfer?

Transfer admission requirements can vary from campus to campus. Some campuses have very strict outlined requirements, while others have more open ended criteria. Most colleges and universities have three major types of requirements:course requirements, GPA requirements, and unit requirements.

Course requirements refer to courses that you must take at SBCC before you transfer to the receiving institution. For example: English, Math, major related courses, and other general education courses.

GPA requirement refers to a minimum grade point average that you must achieve to be considered for admission.

Unit requirement refers to the amount of units that must be completed before you transfer.

What is the Difference Between Minimum Eligibility and Selection Criteria?

Minimum eligibility means that you have completed the minimum requirements to apply, in short you are eligible. Just because you are eligible to apply to a university does not mean you will be admitted.

UC Minimum Transfer Eligibility Requirements

CSU Minimum Transfer Eligibility Requirements

Selection Criteria refers to the set of criteria a university or college is looking for in the students they select. For example, if a student has the minimum GPA for eligibility but the campus selection GPA is higher, the student would most likely not be admitted.

UC Transfer Student Profiles

UCLA Admitted Student Profile

CSU Campus Impaction Information

Cal Poly SLO Admitted Student Profile

California Private and Out-of-State Universities

Minimum eligibility requirements and selection requirements are unique to each university. You need to go directly to each universities website for their transfer admisssion information.

California Private Universities

U.S. Universities by State

Did You Know?

Universities can and do change their admission/selection requirements. Make sure you meet with a counselor at least once a semester to review and update your Student Education Plan (SEP).