Until further notice, all counseling appointments will continue to be conducted remotely (via phone, Zoom, Google Hangouts). Virtual front desk services will also remain available.
As of July 13th, Academic Counseling Center staff will be in-person to answer quick questions and help students connect with counselors remotely for drop-in assistance during these two shifts each week:
Tuesdays, 1-5PM & Wednesdays, 9AM-1PM.
Academic Counselors are here to:
- Assist students in planning and achieving their academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Educate students on transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Conduct Class Planning sessions for new students, classroom presentations and workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Refer students to University Transfer Center, Career Center, Health & Wellness, DSPS, and other student services.