header image

Medical Insurance


F-1 visa students at Santa Barbara City College are enrolled in the school-endorsed medical insurance plan at the time of registration. Check below for information about how to use your medical insurance, what to do if you receive a bill, and where to find more information about the plan.

Print your insurance card. You will receive an email from GeoBlue at the start of each semester/term notifying you to download your ID card. You should set up an account at geobluestudents.com to access your ID card any time. If you need to seek medical treatment before you receive notice that your ID card is active, please contact Relation at (800) 537-1777 to obtain your insurance ID number. Keep your ID card with you at all times! You will need your card when you visit the Student Health Services, a doctor’s office, urgent care, or a hospital.

Review your insurance coverage online. You will find your insurance plan benefits and coverage dates, download claim forms and instructions for filing a claim, search for a doctor, and much more! 

Visit Student Health Services on campus. SBCC offers some medical services, personal counseling, alcohol, drug, and tobacco treatment programs, and sexual health counseling. If the Health Center cannot treat you or is closed, locate a provider or go to an urgent care center (see below).

Instructions for How to Find a Provider (a doctor or medical facility that accepts our insurance).

 Urgent Care Centers:


Sansum Clinic
Urgent Care Center

The MedCenter The MedCenter
Address 215 Pesetas Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
2954 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
319 N. Milpas Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Phone Number: (805) 563-6100 (805) 682-7411 (805) 965-301

NOTE: Use of an urgent care center instead of a hospital emergency room may decrease your out-of-pocket expenses. Visit the Emergency Room if you are in a life-or-death situation. You may also refer to the student insurance website to search for an individual doctor.

File a medical bill claim. If you present your insurance card at a medical facility that is listed on the insurance website, your medical bill should be automatically paid for services covered by the plan. If you receive a bill in the mail, review the claim form instructions and bring it to the International Office to ask for help filing a claim.

Request summer session Insurance. If you are enrolled in any class at SBCC during one or both summer sessions, you will automatically be enrolled in the health insurance coverage for the term you are registered in classes. 

If you are NOT enrolled in any class at SBCC during the summer sessions, you must request summer coverage online. Go to www.4studenthealth.com and navigate (via drop down menu) to the SBCC specific page for the current policy year. Click the enrollment link that says “ENROLL”, located in the top right hand corner. If you have questions, contact csseligibilityteam@relationinsurance.com.

Purchase Dental and Vision coverage separately. The international student insurance plan does not include coverage for dental or vision needs, but supplemental plans may be purchased online.