Information for LVN Applicants
LVN to RN students are admitted to the ADN Program in both fall and spring semesters, and complete three semesters until graduation.
Applications are accepted during the stated application cycles, found on the page linked below. The prerequisites are the same as for the generic ADN program. Application requirements may be found here: Application Requirements
There are 2 options for LVNs to become a RN through the SBCC ADN Program
|OPTION #1 LVN to ADN||
OPTION #2 LVN to RN
|LVNs choosing this option must meet all SBCC catalog and ADN Application/Entrance Requirements.||LVNs choosing this option must comply with the application procedures specified in the SBCC Catalog and ADN Application/Entrance Requirements. LVNs are not required to meet the Math and English application requirements. Must have completed Microbiology and Physiology.|
|Upon completion of OPTION #1, LVNs will:
1. receive an Associate Degree in Nursing from SBCC
2. be considered a graduate of the SBCC ADN Program
3. be eligible to take the National Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses.
4. be entitled to wear the SBCC graduate nursing pin
5. be eligible to apply for licensure in states other than California (under the rules of "Credit by Evaluation")
6. will have completed and graduated from an accredited nursing program
LVNs choosing this option:
Upon completion of OPTION #2, LVNs:
FOR OPTION #1
1. Meet all ADN Program application and entrance requirements
2. Valid and current LVN license
FOR OPTION #2
1. Valid and current California LVN license
2. Submit transcripts showing completion of microbiology and physiology
Policy for Students Enrolling in the SBCC LVN to ADN Program
- Students must meet current ADN Program application and entrance requirements.
- Students will be required to enroll and successfully demonstrate safe and satisfactory performance within the time parameters in NURS 119 to remain enrolled in the required ADN courses
- Students who do not meet program requirements as specified in the ADN Program Handbook
will be withdrawn from the ADN Program.
For more information about the VN to ADN program option, please attend an ADN Information meeting.