Due to the increasing safety concerns caused by the COVID-19 Coronavirus, as of Monday, March 16, the campus has suspended in-person services. However, we are still providing services remotely.
Academic Counseling: You can still schedule your appointment using Starfish. When booking your appointment, please provide the best phone number for the counselor
to reach you. Please be sure that you are logged into your Pipeline email account at the start of
Front Desk Services: During regular business hours, counseling assistants will be available to answer urgent questions via email: email@example.com - they will respond to you in the order received. If you call our office at 805-730-4085 during business hours, you will be able to leave a voicemail and we will respond as soon as possible.
Other Resources: If you don’t yet have a primary academic counselor, you can ask a quick academic counseling question through our online form, Ask Me.
If you don't have a computer at home, the Luria Library will have additional Chromebooks available for long term check out.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these challenging times. Please stay healthy!
Academic Counselors are here to:
- Assist students in planning and achieving their academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Educate students on transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Conduct Class Planning sessions for new students, classroom presentations and workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Refer students to Transfer Center, Career Center, Health & Wellness, DSPS, and other student services.